Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Pumpkin Soup

Here's a super easy Pumpkin Soup recipe that I'd like to share with you!  This particular recipe is part of my annual fall tradition.  Every year, just before Halloween, I buy several pumpkins that I keep in my home as fall decor.  Eventually, one my my pumpkins will end up roasted and turned into soup.  Pictured below is this years result!  It was delicious!



PUMPKIN SOUP

Ingredients: 
1/2 Cup Onion, chopped
3 tbsp. Butter
2 Cups Roasted Pumpkin, mashed
1 tbsp. Sea Salt
1 tbsp. Sugar
1/2 tsp. Ground Pepper
1/4 tsp. Nutmeg
3 Cups Vegetable Broth
1/2 Cup Half & Half

Directions: 
Place a large saucepan on your stove burner and turn the heat up to medium. When the pan is hot add butter and chopped onion and cook until the onions turn slightly brown. Next, add in your mashed pumpkin with the Salt, Sugar, Pepper, and Nutmeg. Give it a quick stir, then slowly begin to add the vegetable broth and allow heat through slightly.  Do not boil.

Ladle the soup into a food processor or blender and puree until smooth.  Last, pour the puree back into the pot and stir in the Half & Half.  The soup is complete!  Scoop into your favorite bowl and enjoy!

Print Recipe



No comments :

Post a Comment